Friday, March 20, 2009

Explanation of Multimodal Assignment

For Eng 625, our next assignment is the creation and completion of a multimodal assignment. I came up with a blog assignment in which students develop an academic blog focused on a particular theme or topic. Multiple entries and modalities (text, visual images, video, and audio) are required. Students are supposed to state, develop, and support a thesis, using hyperlinks and multimedia in much the same way block quotes are used in academic writing. Before beginning the assignment, students may choose to conduct brainstorming on their blogs. Afterward, they are required to blog a meta-narrative in which they reflect on their creative processes, explain the rationale behind their processes, and evaluate the overall learning experience. During and after completion of the assignment, there is an emphasis on reading and commenting on other students' blogs. Since there is an audience, there is (hopefully) an impetus for doing quality work. Now that I've explained the assignment, I'm going to begin completing it. Hopefully it will be quality work.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Great job Eric, to be honest with you, I read through your blog entries to understand better what the assignment is about. You writing gives me ideas and makes me think. Thank you. Hope I can get a good topic for my assignment.