Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Questions about E-Portfolio

I have started organizing my e-portfolio on my Eng 625 Google Site, and I have few questions for anyone with answers.

First, how are we supposed to handle the Digital Dictionary? Since it is supposed to be included in Dr. Cadle's forthcoming anthology, should we still include it in our site? If so, is it possible to link to it? Will those with whom it is shared be able to see it as long as they're logged into a Google account? Or should we just copy and paste into a word document and then attach it? Should we try to distinguish between our individual contributions and those of our classmates?

Second, how can I capture/obtain screenshots from websites or web-browsers? I need screenshots of Zotero, Facebook, and Blackboard. I know I can take pictures of my monitor and then post those, but I would prefer to obtain higher-quality screenshots, if possible. I suppose I could take my personal laptop, which has the Zotero research on it, to the Meyer Library, hook it up to the network, print the Firefox-Zotero display, scan the printout, and then post that. Same for Facebook and Blackboard. If someone can point me toward a less convoluted process, please let me know.

3 comments:

Lanette Cadle said...

We need to discuss portfolio organization in class. Among other things, it looks like we need to address screen shots (easier than what you described) and a central document for the Digital Dictionary.

Hannah said...

Yeah, I second that. Screen shots are literally the push of a button. Sometimes it says "Print Screen" on one of the keyboard's buttons?

rum2runner said...

As for screenshots --- you can use the print screen option and then edit and crop. there are also a number of tools that will do this as well such as Jing (which is free) or snagit which costs after the trial. I am sure ther are others buut these are the two I use ok I only use snagit now but.....